There’s a tomato theme going on in my mind, I suppose….
- Butter (some)
- Tin of tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- melt the butter in a small frying pan
- saute garlic
- add cinnamon and sugar
- add tomatoes and seasoning
- cook down very very slowly – up to 40 minutes
- decant into ramekins or similar
- chill in fridge, preferably overnight
Add lemon juice, cumin, herbs, chilli powder, paprika or anything else you might like. Enjoy. You’ve just saved yourself about three pounds.
La Tomatina image by flydime – La Tomatina (25.08.2010) / Spain, Buñol, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=11788582